Hiring: Postdoctoral Researcher or Staff Scientist
The Haynes lab for Chromatin Epigenetic Engineering is seeking bright and talented scientists to fill a full-time Postdoc or Staff Scientist position of up to 3 years with a start date as early as April 2023 (negotiable). This position is an exciting opportunity to work at the cutting edge of biomedical synthetic biology. This position involves a project focused on the design and use of noncoding RNA to control chromatin and gene regulation.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Biomedical Engineering & Synthetic Biology:
This opportunity is currently [OPEN]
Emory Job ID: 109933
Emory Application URL: https://staff-emory.icims.com/jobs/109933/job
Other Application URL: https://www.indeed.com/job/postdoctoral-fellow-or-staff-scientist-aa774a29a0b799fa
- Completion of cell culture and molecular biology assays assigned by the PI
- Analysis of data using modern software
- Training new and junior personnel in the lab
- Assisting the PI with project management
- Deep understanding of theoretical frameworks and empirical evidence that support their scientific interests must be demonstrated.
- Participate in developing new research with colleagues.
- Participate in community service activities that support their scientific community.
- Participate in professional development activities (e.g., presenting research at conferences).
- PhD in molecular biology or a related field
- Publication track record that shows strong evidence of data analysis experience/ capability
- Strong proficiency in mammalian tissue culture, molecular cloning, chromatin analysis, and gene expression analysis
- Outstanding proficiency in modern data analysis software (e.g. GraphPad Prism, R, etc.)
- Strong evidence of scientific writing in English (desired)
- Two references (contact information or letters)
Environment: The Haynes lab is part of the joint Emory/ Georgia Tech W.H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering. We are located in a new state-of-the-art facility in the Health Sciences Research Building. The space is furnished with benches, a dedicated tissue culture room, shared autoclaves and a cold room, and office desks located in a food-friendly area adjacent to the lab. Core facilities for mouse models, next-generation sequencing, flow cytometry, are located on the same campus. A state-of-the-art and microscopy core (including wide-field and confocal) is located in the same building one level below the Haynes lab.
How to Apply: Please send as a single PDF document:
- a cover letter identifying which position you are interested in (postdoc or staff scientist) and how you expect the associated Responsibilities (listed above) to support your career development, and summarize how your background fits the Requirements outlined above;
- your c.v. (in academic format, no page limit);
- contact information for up to three references (one page)